Objective of the ENVIRONET
Environmental education means being concerned with the natural and social environment, developing and activating morals, the ability to act and environmental activity, which is based upon feelings, knowledge experience, value judgement and behaviour patterns. The aim of the program is to enhance the efficient implementation of an holistic, environmental education based on landscape preservation which meets every requirement. It would appear that along side the rich traditional methods of environmental education the multimedia is getting ready for an explosive entry with the introduction of interactive education programs. We would like to partake in this process with the ENVIRONET.
According to the principles of the program this landscape preservation program endeavours to
- teach how to see natural and social environmental phenomena in conjunction with each other, and the recognition of interactions,
- awaken wonder and delight at the diversity of nature having seen its ability for revival and its beauty, demanding respect and love for life,
- set out from values and problems associated with the immediate living environment as much as possible and on the basis of this gradually reach a regional, national and global attitude, enforcing the proposals made by the Nemzeti Ökológiai Hálózat (National Ecological Network),
- deepen existing knowledge of one's own life space, the region around the home or the school which children can reach on foot or by bicycle, even without adults. It supports identification with one's own life space in order to protect the place and strengthen the ability to identify with it,
- gain knowledge actively through discovery being the most effective tools of understanding, and acceptance,
- personal and community skills and abilities can only be developed successfully in close connection with one-another and each interacting with the other.